This cheesy loaded baked chicken is a simple dish that can be prepped in just 5 minutes. If you are a cheese lover such as myself then you will love this recipe, so much cheesy goodness! It's hearty and filling, so served with a side salad is a great option to keep this a low point dinner for WW. This recipe is sure to be a family favorite, chicken, cheese and bacon, you can't go wrong! Makes 4 servings at 7 points on WW.
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Green onion
Tips and suggestions...
When choosing a baking dish use one that the chicken will fit tightly together so the cheese mixture stays on top of the chicken breast.
I kept the ingredients on this simple, however you can add in some vegetables if you want to bulk it up with veggies, diced peppers, mushroom, and onions would make a great addition.
Cheddar cheese works well with this dish but feel free to swap out the shredded cheese with any of your choices.
If you are freezing leftovers, place in an air-tight tupperware dish to freeze, leftovers in the fridge should last up to 3 days.
Cheesy loaded baked chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon reduced calorie mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup real bacon bits crumble
- 1 bunch Green onion, diced
- Heat oven to 375F, spray a baking dish with some cooking spray.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, bacon and green onion (leaving a little of both the bacon bits and green onion aside for sprinkling on top) add in ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Place the chicken in the dish, evenly spread the cheese mixture on top of the 4 breasts.
- Sprinkle with the other ½ cup cheese, then sprinkle remaining bacon bits and green onion.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.