Add a little spin on your usual spaghetti night and try my tasty Chicken parmesan spaghetti bake, a simple and hearty meal the whole family will enjoy.
Spaghetti is a classic recipe for any busy household, it is a simple and filling meal that everyone enjoys. Why not change it up a little and try my chicken parmesan spaghetti bake. It doesn’t require much extra effort just a little time in the oven. The end result is so tasty and makes a nice hearty meal. It is also a great dish for meal prep, it will store well in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be frozen. This family-friendly recipe makes 6 servings, 288 calories per serving, and 8 points on WW.
The ingredients used for this dish are simple everyday ingredients that most people keep stocked. If you go to the cupboard and realize you don’t have spaghetti but you have other pasta give one of them a try. I am sure this dish will taste just as good with any kind of pasta.
- Cooked shredded chicken
- Tomato sauce, I used my zero-point vegetable tomato sauce *any store-bought pasta sauce will also work such as this Hunt’s original tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
Tips and suggestions…
If whole wheat pasta is a 0PP food for you on WW then use whole wheat spaghetti to keep points low.
For the chicken, I usually cook a batch up weekly in my crockpot. I use 4-5 large chicken breasts and add in chicken broth or even water if I don’t have any broth. Usually enough to cover the chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7 hours. Remove from the crockpot and shred it with a couple of forks. This will keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days, it is great for meal prep.
Feel free to use different kinds of cheese, however with it being a chicken parmesan dish I would suggest keeping parmesan cheese in it.
Optional to top with some fresh herbs or green onion.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge in a sealed air-tight container for 3-4 days. This recipe will freeze well. To reheat you can use the oven, air fryer, or microwave.
Chicken parmesan spaghetti bake
- 255g spaghetti *3 servings according to the package
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup tomato sauce *I used my zero point veggie tomato sauce, I have linked it above
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook spaghetti according to package, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the sauce, cooked shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Then stir in the pasta.
- Place spaghetti mixture into a lightly sprayed 9x13 casserole dish, sprinkle with the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve immediately, makes 6 servings.