This one pot chicken parmesan is not only a quick and easy meal but a delicious one the whole family can enjoy. I love that it is all cooked in one pan making clean up simple and takes just 30 minutes from start to finish! Feel free to add in some vegetables to bulk it up, I used my zero point homemade vegetable tomato sauce to keep points low. Serves 6 at 5 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
- 1lb ground chicken (weighed raw)
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups pasta sauce (I used my zero point veggie pasta sauce)
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups of pasta (Included picture of my brand, SP for pasta was 24 to compare)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- In a large frying pan or skillet (I used a saute pan) cook your ground chicken, add in a dash of salt & pepper and 1 tsp italian seasoning. Remove chicken from pan once it is cooked.
- Add in diced garlic *I sprayed the bottom of the pan with a little cooking spray, let the garlic cook a few minutes then add in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium-low.
- Add in pasta and chicken, let cook for about 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked to liking.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, 1 tsp italian seasoning and ¼ cup of the mozzarella.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and serve.
- Makes 6- 1 cup servings, pasta will freeze well.
- *Feel free to bulk it up by adding in some vegetables, add them when you put the garlic in the pan.
Smart Points- 7 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving... Calories 287...Fat 4.6g...Sat fat 1.6g...Carbs 35g...Fiber 5g...Sugar 3.1g..Protein 26.1g *Includes all ingredients, using My Fitness Pal