The fall season is just around the corner and for many, this time of year is hectic as the kids go back to school and we all get back into a routine. Having quick and easy meals ready for those busy hectic days really does help. My turkey sloppy joe pasta bake is a simple dish that takes very little time to prepare. It is a meal the whole family can enjoy. It’s easy enough to bulk it up with some extra veggies too! Makes 6 servings at 265 calories each and 3-6 WW personal points depending on your 0PP foods.
- Ground turkey
- Green pepper
- Manwich sauce
- Shredded cheese
Tips & suggestions…
Feel free to add some extra veggies to this dish, you can throw in some mushrooms or zucchini, any veggies will work in this recipe.
I used macaroni pasta but if you find you don’t have any in the pantry any pasta will work. I like using cheddar cheese but you can definitely swap out for mozzarella or another type of shredded cheese if you prefer.
You can also swap out the ground turkey for ground chicken or beef. Just be sure to work out the WW points if you are a WW member. Making this change may affect the points of the recipe.
This dish freezes great, you can cook it and freeze or prepare the dish and freeze it before cooking for easy meal prep. To cook from uncooked and frozen heat in the oven at 350F for 40-45 minutes.
Turkey sloppy joe pasta bake
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can manwich, 398ml *sloppy joe sauce
- 2 cups macaroni pasta *measured uncooked
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a frying pan cook the ground turkey over medium heat on the stove, set aside.
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook according to the package.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked turkey, pasta, manwich sauce, onions and peppers. Pour out into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and cover with foil, bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Recipe makes 6 servings, each serving is 1 heaping cup.
Looking for some other simple family-friendly meals to make, try my chicken parmesan spaghetti bake or my homemade hamburger helper you can use my recipe index on my website, just scroll down to dinner recipes for a full list of simple and delicious dishes for the whole family to enjoy.