I will never let over ripe banana's go to waste, there is always a new recipe to create and these banana cake squares with frosting are so fluffy and delicious! Sometimes I just throw things in a bowl and hope for the best, I won't lie..it can be a disaster sometimes, although my husband will still eat my fails lol, he will eat anything! 😉 But sometimes the result makes me so happy I winged it.. These tasty baked up treats are just 4 smart points each and I highly recommend trying them..
Banana cake squares with butter cream frosting
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon egg whites I use from the carton
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium banana's mashed, about 1 cup
- ½ cup 0% plain greek yogurt non greek will work as well
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- FOR THE FROSTING
- ¾ tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9 inch baking dish with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar. Add in mashed banana, yogurt, apple sauce and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder & soda and pour batter into your baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 28 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your frosting, mix melted butter and brown sugar together, stir in milk then add icing sugar and stir till creamy. It does not give you a lot of icing but enough to cover squares. Store frosting in fridge till ready to use.
- Let squares cool before removing from dish, spread with frosting and cut into 16 squares, 4 down and 4 across.
- Makes 16 squares at 4 personal points or 4 smart points each on blue, green & purple (2 points plus, old WW program) *Store in a sealed container, best stored in the fridge. *Note.. If not needing all the squares at once feel free to frost them individually as the frosting will keep better in a dish and not on squares. You can leave the icing of and these squares would be 2 smart points each.
- Nutritional info per square (incl banana's and apple sauce) Calories.. 103...Fat 1.1g..Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 20.6g...Fiber 0.8g...Sugars 8.8g..Protein 2.4g