There are two things I love for breakfast… ok let’s be honest, I love them any time of the day..Kodiak pancake mix and sprinkles 🙂 Kodiak mix is a high protein pancake/waffle mix that I have been using for years, I find the overall taste better than any other competitors and they fill me up! I usually stock up when I cross the border into Buffalo and get them at Target but just recently my local Costco here in Ontario started selling the big boxes which is 3 boxes in one.. My fellow Canadians can also order from naturamarket.ca, I have ordered stuff from this awesome website many times. If you have been following my recipes and social media for a while you also know that I have a big love for sprinkles..what is not to love about them, bright, colorful and they sweeten up your creation. These Kodiak sprinkle muffins are so tasty, just enough sweetness without having too much sugar in them, and they are so darn fun to look at with all that color 🙂 I get a lot of requests for banana free muffins and I can tell all you banana haters these have NO banana! Makes 12 muffins at just 2 smart points each.
Kodiak sprinkle muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk *I used skim
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups Kodiak cakes pancake mix *see picture
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and add in brown sugar.
- Mix in the apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the Kodiak mix and baking powder, keep 1Tbsp of sprinkles aside for topping and fold in the rest.
- Divide batter evenly over your 12 muffin cups, use remaining sprinkles on top then bake in the oven for 18 minutes.