I love baking up a batch of muffins, they are great to have for an easy quick breakfast or an afternoon snack. They freeze well too and I always have some stocked in my freezer. These blueberry oatmeal muffins are delicious and made with simple ingredients. The no sugar added syrup and blueberries help sweeten them up without adding any sugar. Here is the syrup I use for reference, it helps keep the points low. Recipe makes 12 muffins at 2SP blue, 1SP purple, and 3SP blue.
Blueberry oatmeal muffins
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt 0%
- 1/3 cup sugar free syrup *I use the E.D Smith no sugar added syrup
- 1/4 cup milk *I used 1%
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oats *quick oats are fine
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries *I like using the frozen wild blueberries since they are small
- Preheat oven to 375F, fill a 12 hole regular muffin tin with liners
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and stir in the syrup and yogurt, mix in the milk and vanilla.
- In a seprate bowl mix together the oats, flour, baking powder and soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the muffin batter over the 12 cups. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are a golden color. Let cool for 5 minutes. These muffins will freeze well, they are best stored in the fridge after day 1.