Happy Valentine’s weekend friends.. We don’t usually do much here for the holiday, I’ve been with my husband for 25 years more than half my life…wow haha! We exchange cards and I always get my daughter a little something. I did want to bake up something pink to go along with the special day and these cherry muffins came out delicious. The maraschino cherries add a nice sweetness to them and with a little pink food coloring, they are perfect for Valentines. Makes 12 muffins at 3SP each on all 3 MyWW programs.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup milk *I used skim
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 19 maraschino cherries, chopped into small pieces *tip- freeze them a little for easy chopping
- Pink food coloring
- Best to freeze the cherries a little for easier cutting.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, fill a regular 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners, parchment paper ones work well and usually prevent sticking.
- Whisk eggs, stir in apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder. Fold in the pink food coloring, depending on what brand you are usuing just add a few drops while mixing the batter until you get a pink color.
- Cut the cherries into small pieces, cutting each cherry into at least 6-8 little pieces.
- Gently fold the chopped cherries into the muffin batter, then divide batter over the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes, or until the muffins are baked through.
Points plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 106...Fat 1.1g..Sat fat 0.3g...Carbs 20.2g..Fiber 0.7g..Sugar 5.5g..Protein 3.5g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients