If you know me a little, you know I just can't do eggs! It is not for a lack of trying and when I am making my husband a fried egg or an omelette, the smell drives me insane, like I wish I could just sink my teeth into it and devour it, but as soon as I get a tiny sense of the taste .. Yuck 🙁 Anyway I have not given up, and I have tried a few breakfast dishes using eggs, to my surprise I have enjoyed the ones I have made.. And it was no different with this yummy and easy hash brown bacon & egg bake, I mean it has bacon and hash browns, two of my favorite food groups.. wait they are food groups right?? 😉 This dish really is simple to whip up, you can add any extra veggies in it to your choosing.. Serves 6 at 5 smart points per serving based on new freestyle program.
Hash brown bacon & egg bake
- 7.5 oz can pillsbury biscuits one in the 4 value pack, if you can't find those, you can weigh out a larger container to get 7.5oz
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- ½ cup diced red onion optional, can use other veggies if you wish
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites about ½ cup
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 4 slices center cut bacon cooked, drained and crumbled.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 8 small pieces each and layer them on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle your hash browns and chopped red onion over the dough pieces.
- In a small bowl (I used a pyrex measuring cup for easy pouring) whisk together your eggs and egg whites, salt & pepper.
- Evenly pour your egg mixture over the biscuit and potatoes.
- Top with your crumbled bacon.
- Bake in oven for approx 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings and serve warm.
- *Note, you can sprinkle some cheese on top 5 minutes before the bake comes out of the oven just be sure to add in points for cheese.
Smart points (green) 6 *using WW recipe builder
Points plus 5 *using points plus calculator
Nutritional info .. Calories 205...Fat 6.2g... Sat fat 1.5g...Carbs 27.8g... Fiber 1g... Sugar 2.4g... Protein 9.3g *using my fitness pal