I’m not a fan of oatmeal and I can assure you you’ll never find overnight oats in my fridge 😉 but I do love using oats as the base of a good fresh baked muffin. These strawberry banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins are so tasty and make a great quick grab and go breakfast. The Strawberries and chocolate chips provide just enough sweetness and they are only 3 freestyle smart points each.
Strawberry banana chocolate chip muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 2 cups oats I used Quaker quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh diced strawberries
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 12 hole regular muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg and brown sugar.
- Mix in mashed banana, applesauce and milk.
- Stir in oats, baking powder and cinnamon, then fold in diced strawberries (make sure they are small pieces) and mini chocolate chips
- Bake in oven for 22 minutes, cool then serve.
- Makes 12 muffins, store in fridge after day 1, will freeze well. *If you want to leave out the chocolate chips muffins are only 2 freestyle SP each