I love baking, and I will bake all year long, but there is something about fall and baking muffins and loaves that just go hand in hand, the days get crisper and cooler and walking into a house with that fresh smell of baked muffins is so comforting.. my plan is to create a lot of new muffin recipes for the fall, my pumpkin cream cheese muffins are a big hit with you all so I did a spin off and created these delicious blueberry cream cheese muffin, so tasty! Makes 12 regular size muffins at only 84 calories and 3 smart points each!
Blueberry cream cheese muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp egg whites I use egg whites in the carton
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- FOR CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 4 oz softened light cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp egg whites
- 1 Tbsp milk I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries fresh should be ok but try for smaller ones, that's why I like the frozen
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 12 hole regular muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites (2T) and brown sugar.
- Add in your apple sauce and mashed banana and stir well.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder, soda and lemon zest.
- In separate bowl, use a electric mixer and beat together your cream cheese, sugar, egg whites (2T) milk and vanilla.
- Gently fold in your frozen blueberries.
- Dived your muffin batter over your 12 muffin cups, then top each with your cream cheese mixture. Use a toothpick and swirl the cream cheese mixture slightly into the muffin batter.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes until edges look golden brown. Muffins will not rise too high.
- Makes 12 muffins at 3 smart points each (2 points plus, old WW program)
- Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 84..Fat 2.1g..Sat fat 1.2g..Carbs 12.3g...Fiber 0.3g..Sugars 5.1g..Protein 3g
- Muffins best stored in fridge, they will freeze ok.