Let me start by saying this dish was as easy as 1..2…3 🙂 Crock pot meals are great, and make for easy cleanup too. This buffalo chicken mac & cheese was so good.. Funny story on this one, I had someone email a request for this exact dish, and little did she know it was in my “to make” book, which keeps growing and growing 😉 Her email made me bring it to the top of the list, cause you all know I needed another buffalo chicken dish..like pronto! Btw- if the person who emailed me is reading this, I tried to reply and the mail was returned 🙁 but none the less I hope you enjoy my creation. It’s not your typical loaded cheesy macaroni, cause well let’s face it this is a weight watcher friendly recipe blog, but I do think you will all love the end result. I sure did! Makes 8-1 cup servings at 5 smart points each..
- 20 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup franks hot sauce
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat macaroni pasta
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- ⅓ cup plain 0% yogurt (reg or greek is fine)
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded light cheese (I used a 3 cheese blend)
- Place your chicken, broth and hot sauce in your crock pot, cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 6-7)
- Boil your pasta on stove for 5 minutes only just before your chicken is ready, set aside.
- Using two forks shred your chicken apart in the crock pot.
- Add in cooked pasta, milk, yogurt, cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Makes 8-1 cup servings
- Store leftovers in fridge or can be frozen.
Smart points per serving- (green) 6 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points per serving- (purple) 2 using WW recipe builder
Points plus per serving- 6 using points plus calculator
Nutritional info per 1 cup serving.. Calories 235... Fat 5.5g...Sat fat 3.1g... Carbs 19.4g... Fiber 2.2g...Sugar 4.4g... Protein 28.3g using My Fitness Pal