Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake, I love creating all different flavor variations. Some of you may know that I decided to try out the purple program for the month of January, just for a new change and so that I can say I have tried all 3 programs. So far I am enjoying it, there have been a few days that 16 points just wasn’t cutting it, haha but overall I am making it work.. It is about being prepared and for me that is having things on hand that I can enjoy but won’t use up all my points. These raspberry white chocolate oatmeal muffins fit the bill perfectly, they are great for breakfast or an afternoon snack and at just 1SP each on purple I don’t feel guilty eating two! Recipe makes 12 muffins, they are 3SP on blue and 4SP on green.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup milk *I used unsweetened original cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 cups oats, I use Robin Hood large flake oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries *cut in half
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips *chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add in brown sugar. Mix in apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, baking powder and cinnamon
- I cut the raspberries in half so they will spread throughout the muffins better, also chop the chocolate chips up for the same reason.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and chips.
- Divide over the 12 muffins cups, be careful not to put too many raspberries per muffin
- Bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes or until they are golden on the edges
- Serve warm, store in a sealed container and keep in the fridge, freeze after a few days.
Smart points- green 4 using WW recipe builder
Smart points- purple 1 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 3 Using PP calculator
Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 117...Fat 3.5g...Sat fat 1.7g...Carbs 18.3g...Fiber 2g...Sugar 4.9g...Protein 4.3g using My Fitness Pal