It was a loaf baking kind of day over here, I love lemon anything and I was eyeing a few lemons sitting on my counter… and well here is the result of that, a delicious glazed lemon loaf! It is simple to make and full of flavor with just enough sweetness to finish it off. You could leave off the glaze to save a point per slice but I love the bit of sweet you get biting into each slice. Serves 10 at 4 smart points each
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (I use fresh from the lemon)
- 1.5 Tbsp lemon extract
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups flour
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar (confectionary sugar)
- 1.5 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular size loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together. Sti in the yogurt, apple sauce, lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder, pour batter into your loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until loaf is baked right through.
- Let cool then remove carefully from the pan. In a small bowl mix your icing sugar and lemon juice together to make the glaze, pour over the loaf. Cut into 10 equal servings. *Note- this loaf is a bit denser of a loaf due to ingredients used, it will drop a little after cooling.
- The loaf is best stored in the fridge after day one and will freeze well.
Smart Points- 5 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories.. 133...Fat 2.2g...Sat fat 0.8g...Carbs 22.4g...Fiber 0.6g...Sugar 8.9g...Protein 5g using My Fitness Pal