Happy September friends! September is hands down my favorite month and I’d take 12 of them all year long if I could. There are so many things to love about this month, as a parent, it’s back to school for the kids, although now that my daughter is in her senior years of high school thats not as exciting as when they are 8 and you just want them out of your house haha. I celebrate both my birthday and wedding anniversary this month (19 years and counting) We are welcomed by my favorite season fall, I like summer don’t get me wrong but fall is where it’s at for me, I love the smell of the crisp fall air, I love that you can enjoy the sunshine in the afternoon with just a t-shirt but then need a cozy sweater come evening. A hot cuppa (tea for me) taste so much better when it’s actually warming you up on a chilly morning. The leaves are changing and look oh so beautiful, pumpkins are everywhere and in everything haha! As a recipe blogger fall is my favorite time to get busy in the kitchen and create all those comfort food dishes that we crave, think stews, chilis, soups and yes all the pumpkin baked goods our little hearts desire 🙂
These pumpkin spice pancake muffins are so simple to whip up, I used Kodiak cakes my favorite pancake mix and these delicious anytime treats are just 1 smart point each on WW freestyle.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin
- 1⅓ cup kodiak cakes buttermilk protein packed mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular size muffin tin with some non stick spray, do not use liners.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with milk, stir in the pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the kodiak cakes mix, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- Divide batter evenly over the 12 muffin cups.
- In a little bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle over the 12 muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- Muffins will keep well in a container and freeze well.
- *Note- you can use a different pancake mix if you can't find Kodiak, the points may change though, there is 13SP in 1⅓ cup of Kodiak mix for comparison.
Smart Points- (green) 2 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 1 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per muffin- Calories 63...Fat 1.4g...Sat fat 0.3g...Carbs 8.4g...Fiber 1.5g...Sugar 1.6g...Protein 4.3g using My Fitness Pal *Note incl all ingredients, old SP/PP points were figured out before entering the pumpkin into the recipe