I wanted a nice fluffy, not too sweet blueberry muffin and these sure did hit the spot! I also get asked a lot for banana free baked recipes, I know I use banana a lot in my muffin and loaf recipes as it works so well to replace other ingredients with much higher point values, but I do try to create new ones often that are banana free 🙂 These blueberry muffins are simple to make and definitely cured that “I just want a damn muffin” attitude haha, at 3 smart points each they are a nice guilt-free treat and freeze well too.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk I used 1%
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries I found frozen worked best as fresh blueberries can be too large and make a mess of the muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin with some non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and sugar, stir in milk, applesauce, yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder, then slowly fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter over the 12 muffin cups and bake for approximately 22 minutes or until baked through.
- Let cool.. makes 12 muffins, best store in a sealed container and/or in the fridge