With the launch of the new weight watchers freestyle program and the list of the new zero point foods including chicken, I wanted to play around with some new recipes that are simple and tasty! I love chicken as much as the next person but I need to keep the creative ways to eat it rolling or I will get bored really quick.. These prosciutto & mozzarella rolls are delicious and so satisfying, they were a big hit in my house. They take very little time to prepare and just 3 freestyle smart points each..
Prosciutto & mozzarella chicken rolls
- Sautee your diced peppers & onions in a frying pan with a little cooking spray for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F, spray a baking dish with some non-stick spray.
- Mix your egg and lemon into a small dish, spread your breadcrumbs out onto a flat plate.
- Cut your 3 chicken breast open so you have 2- 3 oz pieces (approx)
- Divide your 2oz of prosciutto into 6 portions, approx 0.3oz in each roll.
- Place prosciutto on top of your chicken, top with 0.5oz of mozzarella, and a spoon of you pepper/onion mix, I also added a dash of pepper. Roll chicken up, use toothpicks if you need to.
- Dip your rolled chicken into your egg mix and then roll in breadcrumbs, place in baking dish and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Once all your chicken is rolled and in dish spray tops with a little cooking spray, bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm, makes 6 chicken rolls.
Smart points- 4 using SP calculator
Points plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving, Calories 193.. Fat 5.8g..Sat fat 1.9g... Carbs 7.7g...Fiber 0.8g..Sugar 1.2g..Protein 25.9g using My Fitness Pal