I love gingerbread cookies and these soft ones I baked up are delicious!! The smell of gingerbread in the house this time of year is a Christmass memory I hold on to. These soft cookies are a nice large cookie too and one is very satisfying. The white chocolate drizzle adds a nice sweetness, you don’t have to add it but it won’t really change the points if you don’t. Makes 24 cookies at 3 smart points each.
Soft gingerbread cookies
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup gay lea light butter or similar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 Tbsp white sugar for rolling dough in
- 1-2 Tbsp white chocolate chips for drizzle *optional
- Using an electric mixer cream together your butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and your egg.
- Add in your molasses and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly stir in your spices and flour. Form into a dough ball, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray.
- Place your 1.5 Tbsp of sugar onto a flat surface (I used a plate)
- Use about 1 Tbsp of dough for each cookie and roll into a ball, roll dough into sugar and then flatten into a cookie, not too flat, you want them fairly thick still.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, let cookies cool.
- If using white chocolate drizzle, place 1-2 Tbsp white chocolate chips in a small ziplock bag, microwave for 30 second intervals turning bag over each time until melted. Cut off a tiny tip and drizzle on to cookies. Makes 24 cookies, store in air tight container.
Smart points- (green) 3 using SP calculator
Points plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info, per cookie, Calories.. 81..Fat 2.2g..Sat Fat 0.9g.. Carbs 13.5g...Fiber 0.3g Sugar 6.7g..Protein 1.2g using My Fitness Pal