NFL Sunday football starts tomorrow! While I am not a die hard football fan, I have over the last 4 years really come to enjoy cozy Sunday afternoons watching football. I like putting out snacks in the afternoon, sometimes my husband might have a friend stop by for one of the games. It’s easy to just put out chips or order pizza but I generally have no self control with those things.. I created these Philly cheesesteak biscuit bites and they are so tasty, easy to make and just 2 smart points each. With something like this, I can enjoy a couple and then move on.. Here is to Sunday football, chilly days with fall candles burning, tasty snacks and roasts cooking in the oven! 🙂
Philly cheese steak biscuit bites
- 1- 7.5 oz pack of biscuits there are 10 small biscuits in this pack
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion I used red onion
- 3 oz deli style roast beef
- 1.5 oz about 6 Tbsp reduced fat shredded mozzarella (I used Trader Joe's)
- Egg whites for brushing tops
- Dice your pepper and onion and heat in a large frying pan over medium heat, I used cooking spray in my pan. *Use oil if you wish but it will add a few points overall. Saute veggies for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut up your deli roast beef into small pieces and add to your veggies, cook for 5 minutes then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a round 8 inch dish or similar with some non stick spray.
- Cut your 10 biscuits open and flatten pieces out. Place a spoonful of your roast beef mix onto one of your dough pieces, top with a little cheese, only about 1/2 Tbsp then place other biscuit piece on top and pinch seems to close. *This will be your hardest part of the recipe, it requires a little patience getting all the biscuits filled and sealed.
- Place filled biscuits into your dish, brush with some egg whites (or a whole egg is fine too) and bake for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown. Serve warm.
- *You can use the bigger biscuits packs just know that your points will be higher and you will need more roast beef/veggies, also you can use any kind of cheese you wish, I used the reduced fat mozzarella to keep points low.
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info.. Calories 74...Fat 1.4g..Sat fat 0.5g..Carbs 11.1g...Fiber 0.5g...Sugar 1.7g...Protein 4g using My Fitness Pal