I really enjoy the two ingredient dough (self-raising flour & nonfat plain greek yogurt) I actually think I prefer it better than store bought pizza dough, and it has nothing to do with freestyle and yogurt having no point value, cause let’s be honest nonfat plain yogurt did not have many points before freestyle. I want to keep creating new recipes where I can incorporate the dough and not just for pizza. These chicken bacon ranch balls are amazing and so simple to make. To keep points down I used my zero point ranch dressing recipe that you can find here. They are great for entertaining or serve them up for dinner, my husband took a bunch into work and all the guys at his site loved them! These dough balls, chicken bombs, whatever you want to call them are just 2 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 1.5 cups non fat plain greek yogurt
- 3 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices center cut bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 6 oz cooked shredded chicken (bout 1.5 cups)
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing (I used my zero point ranch recipe, linked in opening write up)
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 egg (for brushing tops of dough balls)
- ½ Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Make your 2 ingredient dough by mixing 1.5 cups of flour with the 1.5 cups of greek yogurt, mix and form into a dough ball, if it is too sticky then add in a little extra flour.
- Break your dough into 12 equal dough balls.
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some nonstick spray.
- In a bowl mix together your cream cheese, chicken, bacon, ranch, and mozzarella, stir well.
- Flaten each of your 12 dough balls out and then place a heaping Tbsp of your chicken mixture into the middle, pinch dough together to form a ball, then place in your dish. Repeat with all 12 dough pieces.
- Brush dough balls with your whisked egg, then in a small bowl mix your parmesan cheese and italian seasoning together, sprinkle on top of dough balls.
- Bake in oven for approx 35 minutes, until dough turns a golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes then serve warm.
- *When cutting into dough balls the dough may look undercooked but I assure you they are fine, I find when making the 2 ingredient dough, even for pizza it has that "undercooked" look to it but tastes delicious!
Smart Points- 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info.. Calories.. 125... Fat 3.2g...Sat Fat 1.4g...Carbs 12.4g...Fiber 0.5g...Sugar 1.1g...Protein 11g using My Fitness Pal