I was recently approached by Stove & Dove, the creators of a cast-iron skillet to see if I’d be interested in trying out their product and let me tell you I absolutely love a good cast iron skillet, there are so many amazing recipes you can create in them and I believe every kitchen should have a good skillet to cook with. I was very impressed with their product, definitely the best skillet I’ve owned and they have been generous enough to give me a 20% discount for my followers. I am not an affiliate and earning anything of this, I am simply sharing a product that I myself used and loved and there’s a great opportunity for you to save some money on it, you can follow this link for the 20% discount and use code “Kate” at checkout.
I waisted no time once it arrived and set out to create my first ever skillet pizza…why oh why did I wait so long?? This loaded potato skillet pizza using the two-ingredient dough is amazing! I used my own recipe for ranch dressing to keep the points as low as I could and you can find that recipe here. I cut my pizza into 4 very large servings at 7SP on the purple plan and 9SP on both blue & green plan, you could just as easily cut the pizza into 8 smaller servings, and have 2 small slices for the same point value. You could also add in some extra veggies too if you wish.
Loaded potato skillet pizza
- 1 cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 2 small potatoes
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing *I used my own recipe and it is linked in the opening write up
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 5 slices center cut bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion *optional (can also use green onions)
- Boil the potatoes for approx 12 min, you want them semi soft and easy to cut into thin slices but not too soft or they will break.. I peeled my potatoes but you don't have to. Once the potatoes have cooled down you can cut them into thin slices.
- Preheat oven to 475F.. I used a 12 inch skillet, lightly brush a little olive oil on the bottom of the skillet.
- First make the 2 ingredinet dough with the flour & yogurt. If you find it too sticky add a little extra flour and make sure you use flour on your surface and the rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough so it is big enough to fit into your skillet, you don't want the dough too thick and if it is not a perfect circle it's ok you can fix the edges once you lay the dough into the skillet.
- When you place the dough in the skillet make sure it comes up the edges to form a crust *as seen in picture... lightly brush a little more olive oil on top of the dough.
- Spread the ranch dressing onto the bottom of the dough then lay out the potato slices making sure you cover all areas.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the potato slices, then add crumbled cooked bacon and onion.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until the crust looks golden brown.
- I cut mine into 4 large slices, you could cut it into 8 smaller ones if you'd prefer.
SP- Purple- 7 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 8 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving (4 servings) Calories 320...Fat 9.4g...Sat fat 5.3g...Carbs 39g...Fiber 2.5g...Sugar 2.3g...Protein 19.9g using My Fitness Pal *note- Includes all ingredients