I wanted to whip up a quick and easy dessert for some friends we were having over. I had this pre-made oreo crust sitting in my cupboard for a while so I put it to good use and created this delicious mint oreo lightened up cheesecake. It was a big hit with everyone and no one thought it was a “lightened up” version. This dessert comes together really easy and just needs a little time to set in the fridge, serves 8 at 8 smart points each. Treat yourself and your guests to this tasty cheesecake!
- 1 ready made oreo pie crust
- 6 oz light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp confectionary sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 heaping cup fat free cool whip
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 mint oreo thin cookies
- In a bowl beat together your cream cheese and yogurt using an electric mixer, add in your sugar and peppermint and mix till well blended and no lumps appear.
- Use a spoon and fold in your cool whip.
- Crush your oreo cookies up, I did it the old fashioned way in a little bag and used a heavy glass. Stir oreo crumble into mix then pour into your pie crust.
- Let chill in the fridge for at least one hour, two hours would be best.
- *You can leave out the peppermint and use regular oreo thins as well.
- *Optional to top with half of a oreo thin cookie as shown in the picture.
Smart Points- 8 using SP calculator
Point Plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info.. Calories 196...Fat 9.3g..Sat fat 4.5g...Carbs 25g...Fiber 0g...Sugar 12.4g..Protein 2.8g