I wanted to bake something up quickly that would fill a peanut butter chocolate crave.. Throughout my weight loss journey, I always stood by the saying that a little can go a long way. By taking a small amount of peanut butter or chocolate and drizzling it over things you get that fix you need without using up all of your points. These muffins are the perfect example of that, sure you can find a recipe that has lots of peanut butter in them and a cup of chocolate chips, but you will probably have that feeling of “are these worth it” which just happened to be the topic at my weight watcher meeting this week.. These mini PB & chocolate chip muffins I made are only 1 point each. There is just enough peanut butter and chocolate to leave you satisfied.. and most times that is all you need.. Bake some up today, you will love them!
Mini peanut butter chocolate chip muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp light peanut butter melted I use Kraft, picture for nutritional info is below to compare
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 24 mini muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the egg, stir in the brown sugar. Mix in apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and divide into the 24 mini muffin cups.
- Place the peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl and heat for approx 60 seconds. Using a small spoon drop small amounts onto each muffin, then use a toothpick to swirl the best you can, sometimes the PB will harden and that's ok, stir the best you can.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Makes 24 mini muffins at 1PP each.
- Nutritional info per muffin .. Calories 41...Fat 1.2g...Sat fat 0.4g...Carbs 6.1g...Fiber 0.2g..Sugars 1.8g...Sodium 14.4mg...Protein 1.4g
- Muffins are best stored in the fridge after day 1 and they will freeze well.
Can this be done with powder peanut butter like the jiffy one?
I think so, make it in wet form though
these look great! going to sub kodiak power cakes mix for the flour!
Nice! I bet that will work well, enjoy 🙂
Looks yummy! Do
You think you can use the powered peanut butter?
I have never used PB2 as I don’t like it, but yes I think so as long as you use it in wet form
Do these work out to two points each if you make 12 larger muffins?
Yes they should be 2 points for 12
Just made a batch-delish!!
Glad you enjoyed them Laura 🙂
Just made them and they are delicious. My daughter is going to check and see if they are good for my grandson who has diabetics. I certainly hope so. It’s hard to find treats to make for him.
Hi Wanda, so glad you enjoyed them and I hope your grandson got to as well 🙂
just wondering if I just mix the peanut butter in and incorporate into the muffin?
You can, but I like swirling it on top 🙂
Do you use all purpose flour or self rising flour in your recipe?
How many egg whites from regular eggs would I use to make the 2 tbsp? I don’t want to buy a carton of eggs whites. Thanks! I’m excited to make this recipe!
Hi Nicole, you could just use the whole egg, I made this recipe before freestyle so I would always use egg whites only to save on points, 1 egg will work fine to replace the 2Tbsp
So you use 2 whole eggs instead of 1?
You can use 2 whole eggs and no egg whites if you want
Can you make without the peanut butter?
Hi, yes you could probably leave it out, I can’t guarantee how they will bake up but feel free to give it a go 🙂
Thanks for your quick reply!
Hello, can I use self raising flour instead of all purpose?