I wanted to bake something up quickly that would fill a peanut butter chocolate crave.. Throughout my weight loss journey, I always stood by the saying that a little can go a long way. By taking a small amount of peanut butter or chocolate and drizzling it over things you get that fix you need without using up all of your points. These muffins are the perfect example of that, sure you can find a recipe that has lots of peanut butter in them and a cup of chocolate chips, but you will probably have that feeling of "are these worth it" which just happened to be the topic at my weight watcher meeting this week.. These mini PB & chocolate chip muffins I made are only 1 point each. There is just enough peanut butter and chocolate to leave you satisfied.. and most times that is all you need.. Bake some up today, you will love them!
Mini peanut butter chocolate chip muffins
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup milk I used 1%
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon light peanut butter melted I use Kraft, picture for nutritional info is below to compare
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 24 mini muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the egg, stir in the brown sugar. Mix in apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and divide into the 24 mini muffin cups.
- Place the peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl and heat for approx 60 seconds. Using a small spoon drop small amounts onto each muffin, then use a toothpick to swirl the best you can, sometimes the PB will harden and that's ok, stir the best you can.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Makes 24 mini muffins at 1PP each.
- Nutritional info per muffin .. Calories 41...Fat 1.2g...Sat fat 0.4g...Carbs 6.1g...Fiber 0.2g..Sugars 1.8g...Sodium 14.4mg...Protein 1.4g
- Muffins are best stored in the fridge after day 1 and they will freeze well.