I love baking up mini muffins, especially when I can get them to only 1 smart point each! They make for great little grab & go snacks or even when your in a rush in the morning and want to eat something yummy in the car.. I had some honey crisp apples that were just waiting to be turned into some delicious creation.. These muffins have very little sugar in the batter but by using the honey crisp apple and adding the sugar crumble topping your left with one super sweet treat!
Mini apple crumble muffins
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 cup diced apple small pieces (I used 1 large honey crisp apple)
- 1.5 Tbsp smuckers caramel sauce
- Crumble topping
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 Tbsp reduced calorie margarine melted
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray your mini muffin tin with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar. Add in apple sauce, vanilla and milk.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder & soda. Mix well and then fold in your diced apple, make sure your apple pieces are small since these are mini muffins.
- Pour batter out into mini muffin tins.
- In a small bowl mix your 2.5T flour with your white sugar, add in your melted margarine and mix with a fork until a good crumble forms, this will take a few minutes of mixing.
- Divide crumb topping over your 36 muffins, then pipe your caramel sauce into a small zip lock bag, cut of a tiny hole in the tip of bag, make sure it's tiny or else the sauce will not cover all 36 muffins, drizzle a tiny amount over each muffin, this will give them an extra pop of sweetness!
- Bake in oven for approx 18 minutes.
- Makes 36 mini muffins at 1 smart point each on all 3 MyWW programs (1PP) best stored in fridge.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl apples) Calories 32... Fat 0.5g...Sat fat 0.1g...Carbs 5.8g...Fiber 0.2g... Sugar 2.3g... protein 1.1g