I was craving some carrot cake so I baked up these delicious carrot cake muffins. They are light and fluffy with just enough sweetness in them. The sprinkle of walnuts on top gives them a nice finish but you can leave them off if need be, the points will still be the same. Recipe makes 12 muffins at 2SP each on both blue & purple program and 3SP on green.
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- ⅔ cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12 hole muffin tin with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add in 3 Tbsp of brown sugar *leave remaining Tbsp aside for topping.
- Mix in the apple sauce and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder then fold in shredded carrots *I used my ninja blender to shred carrots.. batter will be on the thicker side.
- Spoon the batter into the 12 muffin cups, sprinkle tops with the remaining brown sugar and walnuts
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until baked through.
- Muffins will freeze well, store in a container and best in the fridge after day 1
SP green- 3 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per muffin... Calories 95..Fat 1.5g...Sat fat 0.3g..Carbs 17.1g...Fiber 1.1g...Sugar 5.1g...Protein 2.8g using My Fitness Pal *Note- inlcudes all ingredients, using these numbers in the WW calculator may result in a higher point count since there are zero point food ingredients in the recipe