Everyone loves tacos, am I right! I wanted to create an easy flavorful chicken taco mixture and was trying my best to keep it as low points as I could. These southwest chicken tacos are so good and the chicken filling mixture is zero smart points on WW freestyle for the win! This recipe is so easy to make, just pop a few simple ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do the rest. The only points added will be based on the tortillas or shells you use and any toppings such as cheese that will have points. You could also use this on top of a salad for a delicious zero point meal!
Southwest chicken tacos
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast about 4 breasts
- 1 jar of salsa *15.5oz
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced peppers
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Plug crock pot in and set to high or low depending on how long you are cooking it for
- I lightly sprayed the bottom of my crockpot then lay down the chicken breast.
- Add in the corn, peppers and onions.
- I mixed my chili powder and paprika in with the jar of salsa before pouring salsa over chicken.
- Add the lime juice, salt & pepper then stir the mixture around.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Using a few forks shred chicken right in the crockpot and then serve immediately.
- Use your favorite low point taco shells and toppings, or serve on top of a salad.
- The mixture alone is zero smart points, the only points you will need to count are based on what tortilla/shells and toppings you use.
- *Note- feel free to add in a can of zero point beans to the mixture.
- Taco mixture will store in the fridge for a fews days and freezes well. Makes 12- 1/2 cup servings