Yes… another bubble up recipe…and I am really excited to share this one with you all… I hereby certify it to be my favorite bubble up I’ve made 😉 Being that my taco bubble up was my most pinned recipe I wanted to do a spin off type dish, and this loaded nacho bubble up was the perfect addition to all my bubble ups.. I get asked sometimes.. “what is a bubble up” and it’s a funny term isn’t it, but basically because the biscuits are cooking in the meal the casserole is referred to as a “bubble up” as it rises and the biscuits bake.. It really is a beautiful thing, the addition of those fresh baked biscuits incorporated into so many classic dishes is truly delicious and comfort food at it’s best. By using the small 7.5oz biscuits packs you can keep these dishes very weight watchers friendly, this loaded nacho bubble up comes in at 7 freestyle smart points per serving.
Loaded nacho bubble up
- 1 7.5 oz package biscuits (I used great value brand (10 small biscuits in pack))
- 1 lb cooked extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 25 g tostitos chips (crushed)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 to mato (diced)
- 2 jalapenos (diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (diced)
- 2/3 cup light (reduced fat shredded cheese, I use a 3 cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook ground beef in a pan on stove, drain fat and set aside in a bowl
- Cut your 10 small biscuit pieces into 6 small pieces each and spread out in bottom of a sprayed 9x13 casserole dish.
- Pre bake biscuit pieces for 12 minutes, remove from oven.
- In a bowl mix your ground beef and spices together, add in your salsa and mix well.
- Dice your onion, tomato, jalapenos and green onion, place your chips in a small zip lock and crush them up.
- Use half of your ground beef mix and spread over biscuit, sprinkle half of your chips on top of meat, then layer half of your onion, tomato and jalapenos and 1/3 cup of your cheese. Repeat with remaining meat, chips, and veggies. Leave the green onion and remaining 1/3 cup of cheese to the side.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, remove and sprinkle remaining cheese and the green onion on top and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 servings, each serving weighs approx 7-8oz. 7 smart points or 6 points plus per serving.
- Nutritional info per serving (not incl veggies) Calories 265...Fat 7.2g...Sat fat 3.3g...Carbs 20.8g.. Fiber 0.9g...Sugars 2.6g.. Protein 26.8g
- *Please note if you can not find the 7.5oz dough packs (that come in a 4 value pack) use the regular sized biscuits, weigh out 7.5oz and then cut your dough into small pieces. Also if you don't want it spicy swap the jalapeno peppers for green peppers and use only 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes.