I am hitting the reset button this week and returning to weekly WW workshops, something I have been avoiding for far too long. That said I want to up my game when it comes to different chicken recipes. There is not a lot of the zero point foods I do eat but chicken is one of them.. These garlic parmesan chicken fingers were so good and flavorful, every bite sure does pack a punch and if you love parmesan cheese you will love these. Each serving is just 2 smart points on WW freestyle.
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 4- 6oz breasts)
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 5 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F *Note you can also cook in an air fryer if you prefer
- Cut the chicken into strips, size really depends on how big or small you like your strips, I was thinking more of servings and cut 16 strips to have 4 servings of 4 chicken strips.
- In a bowl or ziplock bag mix together the panko, parmesan, garlic, salt & pepper and seasoning. Place on a flat surface, put your flour on a similar flat surface (I used a plate) and whisk the 2 eggs together in a bowl.
- Roll chicken pieces in flour, then dip in egg and then coat in the panko/cheese mixture.
- Place all strips on a baking tray, I lined mine with parchment paper and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, turning over a few times while cooking.
- Recipe made 16 chicken fingers, 4 servings of 4 fingers each.
Smart Points- (green) 5 using SP calculator
Points PLus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 283...Fat 8.4g...Sat fat 2.4g...Carbs 8.5g...Fiber 0.1g...Sugar 0.1g...Protein 40.8g using My Fitness Pal