I often get asked for muffin recipes without using banana’s and some ask for them to be a little more decadent, so these double chocolate cookie crumble muffins are for you.. and anyone else that likes a yummy chocolate muffin without sacrificing a lot of points! Recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins at just 101 calories and 4 smart points each, bake some up today, I think everyone will love you for it 🙂
Double chocolate cookie crumble muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites I use from the carton
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 4 oreo thin cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites and sugar. You can remove the cream centers from your oreo cookies and add them into the mix, cream well to blend up the icing. Set oreo cookie wafers aside for now.
- Stir in your apple sauce, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda and stir.
- Fold in your chocolate chips, fill muffin cups with batter.
- Use a small zip lock bag and crush up your oreo wafers into crumbs, sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, let cool and serve. Makes 12 muffins at 4 smart points each (3 PP, old WW program)
- Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 101..Fat 2.2g...Sat fat 0.9g...Carbs 16.9g...Fiber 1.2g...Sugars 5.1g...Protein 3.6g