Can we all just agree that peanut butter makes everything better! I was in the mood to make a dessert bar and definitely wanted peanut butter involved haha.. the end result was these amazing peanut butter crumble oatmeal bars and I just about melted when I bit into one.. The crumble topping gives off a nice sweetness and I highly recommend drizzling a little melted peanut butter on top when you are ready to eat one.. Recipe makes 12 bars at 5SP each on both blue & green and 4SP on purple.
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup oats *I used qucik oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp light butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 inch square dish with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer mix together the apple sauce and ¼ cup of brown sugar, add in the egg and mix well, then add in the peanut butter and vanilla and mix till well blended.
- Stir in the flour, oats, baking powder and soda.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- In a small bowl mix together the crumble ingredinets, flour, brown sugar, peanut butter and butter. I find using a few knives and cutting it (like you would cold butter into flour) works well to form the crumble texture you want.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into 12 equal bars.
- *Optional to melt and drizzle a little peanut butter on top, I highly recommend this and you can do it over the whole thing or just per bar when you are ready to eat one.
- These bars store well in a sealed container and after a day or two I put them in the fridge.
- *Note- You could probably substitute with PB2 in wet form although I have not tried so I can't give an honest answer to if they will turn out the same.
Smart points- Purple- 4 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per bar.. Calories 144...Fat 5g...Sat fat 0.9g...Carbs 22g...Fiber 1.6g...Sugar 7g...protein 4.3g using My Fitness Pal *Note- includes all ingredients