I was craving a little sweet treat and decided to play around with what I had in my kitchen..The end result was these delicious cinnamon sugar jelly rolls and they sure did hit the spot and cure my sweet tooth. They are so easy to make and the nice thing is you can make as few or many as needed. I also made some zero point dip for them by using some plain non fat greek yogurt and just a tiny drop of reduced sugar jam. This tasty little treat is just 2 smart points each, feel free to switch up the jam flavors to suit you.
- 8 slices low point bread (I used WW bread that we sell here in Canada- 1SP per slice)
- 4 Tbsp reduced sugar jam (I used raspberry)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a cookie sheet with some parchment paper *You can also use an air fryer, I tried both ways and preferred the oven method.
- Cut the crust off the bread pieces and use a rolling pin to flatten the bread out.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle out onto a flat surface so you can roll the bread into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Spread ½ Tbsp jam onto each piece of bread then roll up, use the applesauce to brush over the rolled bread and then roll into the sugar mix, place onto cookie sheet. Repeat with all remaining bread pieces.
- I sprayed the rolls lightly with some no-stick spray before putting them in the oven. Bake for approximately 20 minutes *Air fryer took about 8 minutes
- *Note you can make as few or many as you wish, also when figuring out the points I only calculated for 1.5Tbsp sugar as I had leftover on my plate. My dip is non fat plain greek yogurt with a tiny swirl of jam in it.
Each roll is 2 smart points.. 2 points plus