When I first started this blog, Monday’s were always my donut baking days, or so it just worked out that way.. so I thought why not make some donuts this sunny Monday morning 🙂 I love anything cinnamon sugar, and you don’t need a lot to get that sweetness you crave, these cinnamon cake donuts are scrumptious, and only 3 smart points each.. Now that’s a good donut baking day in my books!!
Cinnamon sugar cake donuts
- 1/2 cup + 1Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp white cake mix
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnmaon
- For topping
- 1 tsp reduced calorie margarine melted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 6 hole donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix your flour, cake mix, brown sugar and baking powder. Add in your egg whites, vanilla and milk, mix well.
- Use half your batter and divide over your 6 hole donut pan. In a small zip lock bag mix your 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, cut off tip of bag and swirl sugar mix over your 6 donuts. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake in oven for 14 minutes.
- Melt your margarine and using a pastry brush, brush onto your donuts. Place your 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon mix on a flat plate and dip donuts in mix.
- *Please note, I only counted points for 1/2Tbsp sugar for topping as you will have left over, I only used 1/2 the mix, also if you don't keep cake mix in the house you can increase the flour, but the cake mix does add a nice sweetness, I always have a box in the pantry and if you seal it it will keep well for other baked up goodies.
- Makes 6 donuts at 3 smart points each on blue, green & purple (2pp) keep in sealed container. Will freeze well.
- Nutritional info per donut .. Calories 95...Fat 1g...Saturated fat 0.1g...Carbs 18.4g... Fiber 0.8g...Sugars 6.7g... Protein 2.9g