I love baking up muffins and I had some ripe bananas that were ready to be put to use, I also love cinnamon/sugar so I created these delicious banana bread cinnamon sugar muffins. The muffins themselves have a hint of sweetness but then when you add that sugar coating to the top you are left with one tasty sweet baked treat! Recipe makes 12 muffins at just 3 smart points each on WW freestyle, you can leave the topping off and they will be 2SP but I don't see why anyone one would want to do that 😉 Happy baking!
Cinnamon sugar banana bread muffins
- Preheat oven to 375F spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together your brown sugar and eggs, stir in applesauce, mashed banana and vanilla.
- Mix in your flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes, let cool
- Mix your 2 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together and spread it out on a flat surface (I used a small flat plate)
- Melt your butter and brush on top of muffins *I did one at a time so the butter does not dry up
- Dip muffin top into cinnamon/sugar mix to coat the top, repeat with all muffins.
- After day 1 muffins best stored in the fridge, or freezer. if you want you can omit the topping to lower the points to 2SP, if serving to guests leave the topping till last minute as it is best served immediately.
Smart Points (Green)- 3 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info... Calories 114...Fat 1.9g...Sat fat 0.6g...Carbs 21.3g...Fiber 1.8g...Sugar 7.8g...Protein 2.8g using My Fitness Pal *Note info includes all ingredients, old SP & PP were determined before adding fruit