If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook then you might know that for my own personal journey I am trying out weight watchers simply filling for a few weeks, this is just something I wanted to try to clean up my diet a bit and ultimately feel better. I am only 3 days in but really enjoying it so far, and if you know me… well then you know I am going to find creative ways to keep my food from getting boring.. because that’s when I’d stop, the second I feel bored 😉 These banana oatmeal jam muffins are so tasty and 100% simply filling, but they are also very smart point friendly and just 2 smart points per muffin! They are not sweet at all as there is no sugar in them, the only sweetness you will get is from the jam center, but it is just enough to make them a delicious treat!
Banana oatmeal jam muffins
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (I used skim milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup oats (I used Quaker large flake oats, not a quick oat)
- No sugar added jam (I used Smucker's, apricot & raspberry)
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 12 hole regular muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your milk & egg, add in mashed banana and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Divide batter over your 12 muffin cups, make indents in the middle of your muffins to add the jam, drop by spoon, about 1/2-1 Tbsp in each.
- Bake in oven for 22 minutes and enjoy!
- Makes 12 muffins, all simply filling, 2 smart points blue & green, 2 for 1SP purple and 2 points plus (old WW program)
- Muffins should be stored in fridge and after a couple days freeze them, you can half the recipe and just make 6.
- Nutritional info per muffin (incl banana's so you will get a higher point value if inputting this info) Calories.. 99..Fat 1.6g...Sat fat 0.4g...Carbs 18.7g...Fiber 2.7g...Sugars 4.7g...Protein 3.3g