I was looking for a simple meal to create and I had a bunch of green peppers in my fridge, I love a good stuffed pepper and these philly style chicken ones do not disappoint! They are very easy to make up with just a few ingredients needed and only 2 freestyle smart points each.
Chicken philly style stuffed peppers
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place hollowed peppers in a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes (this step is optional, I like my stuffed peppers soft and this will help)
- Heat oil in a frying pan on stove over medium heat, cut your onion and pepper into strips and saute for 5-10 minutes. Feel free to add in mushrooms.
- In a bowl mix your shredded chicken, sauteed veggies and ranch dressing.
- Stuff your peppers with the mixture and bake in oven for 30 minutes, remove peppers and turn oven to broil. Top each pepper with 1 tablespoon of cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.. * you can make these 1 freestyle SP by using my zero point ranch dressing