Yes another bubble up dish… why you ask?? Because I just can’t get enough of them 😉 Don’t you just love a good philly steak sandwich… but hate all the points that come with it.. well this bubble up dish is the perfect compromise, the biscuits along with the steak and creamy garlic taste leaves you in philly steak heaven 🙂 I am sure this can be a new family favorite.. Serves 6 at 8 smart points per serving.
Philly steak bubble up
- 1- 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits one of the 4 value pack (if you can't find those buy the bigger packs and weigh out 7.5oz)
- 10 oz cooked shredded steak I used top sirloin
- 1 onion diced (I used red onion)
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup milk I used 1%
- Dried oregano & parsley
- 2/3 cup light shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut each of your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each and layer on bottom of casserole dish. Pre-bake dough for 25 minutes.
- In a large frying pan cook your diced peppers and onion using a little cooking spray for 10 minutes. *Optional to add in mushrooms..
- In a small pan, melt your butter over medium heat, stir in diced garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add in your flour and mix well, let cook for 2 minutes. Add your milk and seasonings and stir often until sauce thickens, about 8-10 minutes..
- Once veggies are sauteed pour over top of your baked biscuit pieces, then layer your shredded steak.. You can cook the steak as you choose, I cooked mine in the crock pot on low in a little broth for 3-4 hours depending on size of steak, you should be able to shred it nicely, however if you want to save time you can grill the steak and cut into small pieces.
- Drizzle your garlic cream sauce evenly over your biscuits and steak mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, cover with foil and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, check all biscuits are cooked.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing (I pipe mine from a small zip lock bag)
- Cut into 6 equal servings. Each serving is 8 smart points (7PP)
- Nutritional info (not incl veggies) per serving.. Calories 279...Fat 15g..Sat fat 6g... Carbs 18.8g...Fiber 0.6g...Sugars 3g...Protein 17.4g