One-pot meals are great, they are simple and so convenient! This one-pot turkey rigatoni is so tasty and a meal the whole family can enjoy. You can also play around with the ingredients, feel free to use ground chicken or even ground beef as long as you alter the points, and add in any of your favorite veggies. Makes 10- 1 cup servings at 4SP each on both the blue & green program, if using whole wheat pasta 2- 1 cup servings would be just 1SP, most of the points in this dish come from the pasta.
One pot turkey rigatoni
- 1 lb ground turkey *weighed raw
- 5 cups rigatoni *weighed dry 32SP for reference
- 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1- 5.5 oz can tomato paste
- 2.5 cups broth *I used chicken but any is fine you could even use water..
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced peppers *I used both red & green
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Dash of salt & pepper
- In a large skillet type pot brown the ground turkey over medium heat, I always spray my pan with a little cooking spray.
- Once the turkey has browned add in the garlic, peppers and onions and stir for a few minutes. Add in the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, seasonig and salt/pepper and stir well, then add in the pasta.
- Bring to a light boil then turn heat down to simmer to let the pasta cook, about 12 minutes, stir often so the pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pan. If the sauce feels too thick you can add in a little more broth/water.
- Serve once the pasta is cooked. Makes 10-1 cup servings. Store in the fridge, this dish will freeze well.
Smart Points- Purple- 1 *when using whole wheat pasta- using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 158..Fat 1.1g..Sat fat 0.2g..Carbs 25.9g...Fiber 1.8g...Sugar 3.1g..Protein 11.3g using My Fitness Pal *Note- these numbers include all ingredients even zero point ones so if using these numbers in a WW calculator you may get a higher point value