Summer is coming and I am all about those pasta salad dishes! They are great as a side dish when grilling up some burgers, and perfect to take to any summer get-togethers. I whipped up this simple chicken and broccoli pasta salad on a whim one day with what I had available in my fridge and pantry and it came together quite nicely, I didn’t have intentions of adding it to the blog but it was so delicious I couldn’t keep it to myself haha.. Makes 8, 1 cup servings, 4SP on both blue/green, 2SP on purple.
Chicken & broccoli pasta salad
- 2 cups penne *weighed dry *
- 1.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package, you can also use a rotini or macaroni noodle if you prefer. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Cut the broccoli, dice the celery and red onion. Add the veggies, shredded chicken and sliced almonds to the cooled pasta.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. Add in the seasoning, salt/pepper and stir well.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture into the pasta. Chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes 8- 1 cup servings