Pasta salads are great to take along with you to your next BBQ get-together, my chicken & broccoli pasta salad is easy to make and delicious!
Summer is coming and I am all about those pasta salad dishes! They are great as a side dish when grilling up some burgers, and perfect to take to any summer get-togethers. I whipped up this simple chicken and broccoli pasta salad on a whim one day with what I had available in my fridge and pantry and it came together quite nicely, I didn't have intentions of adding it to the blog but it was so delicious I couldn't keep it to myself haha.. Makes 8, 1 cup servings, 2 points per serving on WW.
- Penne pasta
- Red onion
- Sliced almonds
- Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
You can easily prep this salad the night before, you can either mix it all up and store in an air-tight container in the fridge or you can keep everything separate and mix it just before you are ready to serve.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Chicken & broccoli pasta salad
- 2 cups penne *weighed dry *
- 1.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup fat free sour cream
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package, you can also use a rotini or macaroni noodle if you prefer. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Cut the broccoli, dice the celery and red onion. Add the veggies, shredded chicken and sliced almonds to the cooled pasta.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. Add in the seasoning, salt/pepper and stir well.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture into the pasta. Chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes 8- 1 cup servings
If you are like me and love cheese you can definitely add some into this dish, my preference would be feta but honestly, any cheese will de a great addition. If you are following WW just be sure to build the recipe in your WW app if you make changes to it so you know the accurate point count.
This recipe will make 8- 1 cup servings. If you are attending a large get-together you can easily double this recipe so you have enough for everyone.