The days are getting longer and the weather is warming up, summer is around the corner friends! One of my favorite dishes to whip up when the weather is nice is a good pasta salad. They are perfect to take along to a BBQ especially when you are short on time. My zesty corn pasta salad is so flavorful and sure to be a big hit at any get-together. You can easily prep it the night before and leave it to chill in the fridge. Makes 10- 1 cup servings, 3P per serving on WW.
- Rotini pasta
- red pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Fresh limes
- Garlic cloves
- Chili powder
- Feta cheese
Tips & suggestions...
Want to make this more of a Mexican street corn pasta salad? Use fresh roasted corn from the cob. You can also use frozen corn, just dethaw before using.
Feel free to add in any fresh veggies to this dish, diced celery, zucchini, or shredded carrots.
I love feta cheese in pasta salad but you could always play around with different cheeses, any shredded cheese will work just as well.
This salad can be prepped the night before and left in the fridge overnight, if you are doing this then stir in the feta cheese just before serving.
Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Zesty corn pasta salad
- 8 oz rotini pasta *measured dry- about 2 cups
- 2 cups canned corn, drained well
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup fat free sour cream
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp real lime zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup light crumbled feta
- Boil pasta according to package, rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo, yogurt, sour cream, lime juice and zest, salt/pepper, and chili powder.
- In a large bowl mix together the corn, onion, pepper, cherry tomatoes, and garlic. Add in the pasta then fold in the sauce mixture. Gently stir in the feta cheese.
- Chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve, makes 10- 1 cup servings.