Wraps for dinner is a great solution for our busy lives.. I’m sure we would all love to be able to come home every day and cook a full course dinner, but time just get’s in the way..I have been using Flatout wraps for a few years now, they played a big part in my weight loss success. I love that their breads are a great healthy option and they have several varieties to choose from. You can incorporate so many different meals with them, especially simple wraps that take so little of our precious time. You can still have a hearty meal when making them, just like these chicken & bacon alfredo ones filled with delicious peppercorns which add a nice spice. These tasty wraps take all of 20 minutes to prepare and cook and they will make a great family meal!
Chicken & bacon peppercorn alfredo wraps
- 12 oz raw boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- ½ Tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- ½ cup light alfredo sauce a reduced fat kind
- ½ Tbsp whole black peppercorns
- ½ Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of bacon cooked & drained
- 4 Flatout light original flatbreads
- 1 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- Place your oil in your skillet and cook on medium until the oil is hot. Add your chicken pieces and stir around coating them in the oil.
- Add in your diced garlic and cook for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in your alfredo sauce making sure to coat all the chicken pieces, add in your parmesan cheese and peppercorns. Cover and let simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can be cooking your bacon in a pan on the stove.
- Lay your flatbreads out on a flat surface. Divide your chicken mixture into 4, spoon each portion into the middle of your flatbreads. After you have drained your cooked bacon slices, using your hands crumble one slice over top of each of your chicken fillings. Place your 1 Tbsp of ranch dressing in a small zip lock bag, using scissors cut a small hole in the corner and drizzle evenly over your chicken mixture. Fold in your ends and then fold over one of your long edges and continue rolling until wrap is all rolled up, slice in two. Makes 4 wraps at 4 freestyle sp or 7pp each.
- Nutritional info per wrap (1 wrap cut in 2) Calories 274...Fat 9.3g...Saturated fat 1.7g..Carbs 18.5g...Fiber 9g... Sugars 1.2g..Protein 36.7g