One-pot dishes have become a new favorite at my house, I love being able to throw everything in one pan, makes for such an easy clean up. When it comes to pasta dishes I am an alfredo girl at heart, I much prefer a white cream sauce over tomato based, I'm like that with my pizza too! This one-pot chicken & broccoli fettuccine alfredo is delicious, a nice hearty meal the whole family can enjoy. Serves 6 at 6 points per serving on WW.
One-pot chicken broccoli fettuccini alfredo
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed *weighed raw
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Dash Salt & pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups milk *I used 1%
- ½ cup Table cream *I used 10%
- 8 oz fettuccini noodles *weighed dry
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen *If using frozen you might want to cook in the microwave first.
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a large skillet/pan (big enough to cook pasta and all the ingredients in) with some non stick spray and cook the cubed chicken over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes turning the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic, then pour in the broth, milk and heavy cream, bring to a light boil then reduce heat to low. Add the noodles and cook for about 6 minutes, until they are starting to soften but not fully cooked.
- Add the broccoli, stir and cover with a lid..let cook for another 8 minutes while stirring occasionally then stir in the parmesan cheese until well mixed. If it seems too dry add a splash more of milk.
- Makes 6 servings, approx 1 heaping cup per serving. This recipe will freeze well.