Buffalo chicken pinwheels make a quick and tasty snack, appetizer, or even lunch. It’s easy to make buffalo chicken healthy and low in points when you use lightened up ranch and cheese. You still get the creamy, spicy flavor but without extra calories. These assembly only- no cooking required - pinwheels are the perfect appetizer to whip up for game day or a Saturday afternoon pool party. You can make them ahead of time and let them sit in the fridge until ready to serve or make them 5 minutes before party time. They’re that easy!
Not only are they easy, but they are absolutely healthy as well. High in protein and fiber, you’ll feel full and satisfied with these as your lunch. They don’t need to be heated either, so it’s a great quick option for a busy day if you’re on the go.
These buffalo chicken pinwheels are so high in fiber.
I love low carb wraps for this reason. It’s such an easy way to sneak in some healthy fiber. Feed these to your kids, spouse, or even friends to help them be healthy in a flavorful way. Each serving has 9 grams of fiber - that's more than a banana!
Pinwheels are bitesize.
There’s nothing worse than an appetizer that’s too big for one bit, but too small to make it into two bites. You’re left not knowing how to politely eat it. Pinwheels are perfect for this reason- it’s definitely a one biter, but they’re also soft and easy to eat.
You can adjust the heat to your preference.
Use less or more Franks hot sauce, or even switch to buffalo sauce if hot sauce isn’t your thing. You can easily adjust these buffalo chicken pinwheels to your spice level.
- 4 la tortilla factory low carb tortillas
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (you’ll need about 4oz)
- 4oz light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing or Zero Point Ranch
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- ¼ cup franks hot sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until its nice and creamy.
- Lay out the tortillas and spread the chicken mix onto them evenly. Roll up the tortillas nice and tight.
- Let the rolled tortillas chill in fridge for 20 minutes. This will help firm them up and stay tightly rolled. If you find that they are not staying rolled, you can wrap them in saran wrap before putting them in the fridge.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut each roll into about 1 inch pieces. You should get 8-10 pieces. You will also have the ends. While they don't look as pretty, you can still eat them - they are calculated into the nutrition info.
- Keep them refrigerated until ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings. Nutrition info for 1 serving: Calories 240, Fat 13 g, Saturated fat 5.7 g, Carbs 21 g, Fiber 9 g, Sugars 3.7 g, Sodium 1327 mg, Protein 17 g.
- La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas 8 points (2 points each)
- Cooked shredded chicken 0 points
- Light cream cheese 11 points
- Light ranch dressing 5 points
- Reduced fat shredded cheese 7 points
- ¼ cup franks hot sauce 0 points
If you’re using an older version of WW, check out these points below.
6-7PP, 6SP blue & purple, 7SP green per serving (about 10 pieces) *3-4PP for 5 pieces
- Using Zero Point Ranch will make each serving 7 points instead of 8 points.
- Use sliced deli turkey instead of chicken breast if you’re in a pinch and can’t get chicken. It’ll still be great.
- Leftover rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe. It’s already cooked and adds flavor.
- You can use fat free shredded cheddar, fat free cream cheese and zero point ranch to significantly decrease the points. Each serving would be about 2 points each (from just the tortilla).
- If you don’t like ranch, you can completely leave it out. I would add some non-fat Greek yogurt to help keep these pinwheels creamy.
- Blue cheese would be a great addition to these if you can find a lightened up version.
- Laughing cow cheese spreads are also a great way to add low calorie flavor to these buffalo chicken pinwheels. You could use herbed laughing cow cheese, and leave the Franks hot sauce out for a more mild flavor.
- I recently started using the La Tortilla Factory tortillas, the low carb ones are only 2 smart points each and packed with 8 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber. They will make a great addition to any meal and with the new smart points program you can easily work them into your day.
- It’s important to use a serrated knife and saw back and forth so you don’t smash the rounds while trying to slice.
- These do not freeze well, so plan to consume them within 5 days.
- Make these a day ahead of the party, so the rolls can sit in the fridge overnight. Slice them the next day, as you’re setting up the food for the party and they will be a breeze to slice.
- Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Everything But the Bagel Cheese Ball
- Chocolate Chip Cannoli Pinwheels
Buffalo chicken roll ups
- 4 la tortilla low carb tortillas
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken about 4oz
- ½ cup 4oz light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- ¼ cup franks hot sauce
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl til its nice and creamy.
- Lay out your tortillas and spread mix onto them, roll up tortillas nice and tight.
- Let chill in fridge while rolled up for 20 minutes, this will help firm them up.
- Using a sharp serrated knife cut each roll into about 1 inch pieces, you should get 8-10 pieces, you will also have your end, while they don't look as pretty you can still eat them.
- Recipe serves 4 (about 10 pieces each serving) for 6-7 personal points depending on your 0PP foods, 6SP blue & purple, 7SP green, or 7 points plus...You can easily make just one of these by lowering the portions of ingredients if you just want one for a snack or meal... Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Nutritional info per serving. Calories 239... Fat 14.1g... Saturated fat 3.5g.. carbs 23.4g.. Fiber 12g.. Sugars 3.4g.. Protein 18.1g..
- * Please note, the label is a Canadian label, the U.S labels are more current and you will notice the calorie count to be 80, Carbs 18g, Fiber 12g and protein 8g.. making the tortillas 2sp each, the nutritional info for this recipe was using the U.S label and numbers..