Football Sundays have returned and I'm all about the snacks while watching the games. I love cheese and quite honestly I think it needs to be its own food group and if someone over at WW can work on making it a zero-point food I'd be greatly appreciative! This everything but the bagel cheese ball is so simple to make, anyone can whip this up quickly. As hard as it is to wait for it to chill at least an hour in the fridge I promise it is worth it. Serve it up with your favorite veggies to keep points low or use some crackers, pretzels, or pita bread. Serves 8 at 5SP per serving.
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
- Shredded cheddar
- Green onion
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
Most seasoning brands will carry an everything but the bagel mix, I usually have a good stock of the Trader Joe's everything but the bagel seasoning on hand but any will do and as mentioned below you can easily make your own.
You can make this cheese ball up the night before if you want and leave it in the fridge overnight.
I used cheddar cheese but any shredded cheese will be equally tasty. Feel free to add some finely diced red onion and/or peppers.
The everything but the bagel seasoning can easily be made from scratch if you can't find one near you. It is typically just a mix of poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and sea salt.
Store the leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 7 days, you can also freeze the leftovers.
Everything but the bagel cheese ball
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
- ¼ cup plain greek 0% yogurt
- ¾ cup light shredded cheese *I used cheddar
- 3 green onions, diced
- 6 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- In a bowl mix everything together but only use 3 tablespoon of the everything but the bagel seasoning. Roll into a ball and wrap with saran wrap.
- Let chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, you can also leave it overnight if you want.
- Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoon of the seasoning onto a flat surface and roll the ball through making sure to cover all areas, if any empty spots then use a little more of the seasoning.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, pretzels. Makes 8- ¼ cup servings