I had 2 very ripe bananas starring at me all day.. I could hear them telling me to use them up or throw them away, and I hate throwing ripe bananas away, there's so many things you can make with them 🙂 I hadn't planned my breakfast for the next morning yet and thought muffins would be a good quick and easy choice..These banana berry muffins are scrumptious.. bursting with berries and nice and filling too! Best part... there only 3 smart points each... Mmmmm muffins 🙂
Banana berry oatmeal muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin pan and set aside.
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl, add your egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add your sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and oats, and mix.
- Very gently fold in your berries, batter wont be thick.
- Divide batter over your 12 muffin cups, try to divide up your berries so there is similar amount in each muffin.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, let cool. Makes 12 muffins at 1-3PP depending on your 0PP foods, 3SP blue & green, 1SP purple, or 2 points plus each..
- For best results store in an air tight container in the fridge. *Note, if you lower the brown sugar to 2.5 tablespoon these muffins are only 2 SP (blue & green) freestyle points
- Nutritional info (not incl fruit) Per muffin.. Calories 76.. Fat 1.6g.. Saturated fat 0.3g... Carbs 13.8g... Fiber 1.4g.. Sugars 4.8g... Protein 2.3g