I was enjoying some artichoke and asiago dip I had purchased in the grocery store and thought to myself…I really want to stuff this in my chicken breast I’m making for dinner 😉 so I did, although I decided to make the dip from scratch. This chicken was so tasty and reminded me of my popular garlic bacon & cheese stuffed chicken. Simple dinners that paired with a salad are nice and low in points. This artichoke and asiago stuffed chicken breast is just 2SP on blue & purple, 5Sp green.
Artichoke & asiago stuffed chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast *for freestyle the weight does not matter but for old SP/PP I based it on 5oz chicken breast
- 4 oz artichoke oil drained and chopped *My jar was 6oz but I only needed 4oz of it which was approx 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 4 heaping Tbsp shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- FOR COATING
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375, cover a baking sheet with some parchment paper and lightly spray.
- In a small bowl mix together your chopped and drained artichoke, yogurt, pepper, onion & garlic powder.
- Whisk your egg in a bowl, sprinkle your flour on a flat surface (I used a flat plate) mix your breadcrumbs, italian seasoning and garlic powder together and also place on a flat plate.
- Heat your 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cut open 1 side of your chicken and spoon in 1/4 of your artichoke/yogurt mixture, sprinkle 1 heaping Tbsp of asiago cheese on top then close chicken breast *feel free to use toothpicks, I did not use them. Repeat for remaining chicken breasts.
- Coat your stuffed chicken breast in the flour, then dip in egg and then roll both sides in breadcrumbs.
- Sear the chicken breasts in the heated pan for 1 minute on each side then place on baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm. The chicken breast will freeze well.
Smart Points- (green) 5 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 6 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories 229...Fat 7.9g...Sat fat 2.1g...Carbs 8.7g...Fiber 0.3g...Sugar 1.9g...Protein 31.2g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients except the egg, I did not add this in to the nutritonal info as you do not end up using much of the egg