This dish is easy, filling and so delicious! I like creating recipes that don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen or call for ingredients you just don’t have.. Chicken is what we eat the most in my house so this stuffed chicken breast was a win win because who doesn’t like bacon & cheese 😉 It takes very little time to prepare and paired with a salad you have yourself a nice low point meal. The garlic bacon cream cheese filling is the stand out in this recipe, I am sure it will be a new favorite. Serves 4 at 4 smart points each using the new freestyle SP program.
Garlic bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breast
- 4- 6 oz raw skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp egg whites
- 2.5 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 1.5 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 4 oz softened light cream cheese
- 3 slices cooked and crumbled bacon (I used Wegman's center cut (3 slices=2SP) set aside 1/2 Tbsp of your bacon grease.)
- 1 oz light shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Trader Joe's brand 1oz=1SP)
- Cook your bacon, set aside 1/2 Tbsp of your bacon grease. Crumble bacon and set aside
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray.
- Cut your 4- 6 oz chicken breast open, but not all the way (as shown in picture)
- Whisk your egg and egg whites together in a small bowl, lay out your flour on a flat plate, in a small bowl mix your bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic and 1 tsp italian seasoning and spread out on another flat plate.
- In a small bowl mix together your cream cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder, crumbled bacon and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Divide mixture into your 4 chicken breast spreading out to cover (see picture) fold breast closed.
- Roll each breast in flour, dip each stuffed breast carefully in the egg mixture and then roll in your bread crumb mixture.
- Heat your bacon grease in a large frying pan over medium then sear the chicken breast for 1 minute on each side.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for 35 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings at 4 smart points each on blue & purple, 8SP green (or 7 point plus- old WW program) *Smart points was based on using the WW freestyle recipe builder..
- Nutritional info per breast...Calories 324... Fat 12.1g...Sat fat 6.1g...Carbs 7.7g...Fiber 0.3g... Sugars 2.4g...Protein 39.1g