When it comes to baking in the fall it’s all about apples and pumpkin, so why not combine the two! I teamed up with Stevia In The Raw®, a zero-calorie sweetener made from the extract from the sweet leaves of the stevia plant and perfect for all baking and cooking needs, to bring you these delicious and fluffy Apple cinnamon pumpkin muffins with caramel drizzle on top..
Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag measures cup for cup with sugar, so it can easily be used in any of your favorite recipes to reduce sugar and calories. No conversion from sugar is necessary, as Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag is formulated so that 1 cup has the same sweetness as 1 cup of sugar. When using Stevia In The Raw® for baking recipes, it is recommended that the user replace about half the sugar in order to achieve the proper browning, rising and caramelizing that only sugar can provide. Up to 700 calories can be saved for every cup of sugar that is swapped out for Stevia In The Raw®.
These muffins are so easy to prepare and just 109 calories and 3 smart points each.. Go bake some up today, I promise you will love them!
THIS RECIPE WAS CREATED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH STEVIA IN THE RAW®, BUT ALL OPINIONS ARE 100% MY OWN
Apple cinnamon pumpkin muffins with caramel drizzle
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup egg whites (I use from carton)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup unsweetned apple sauce
- 1 medium apple (peeled and shredded (I used the food processor))
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar free caramel sauce (I use smuckers *optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular 12 size muffin tin with some cooking spray. *I do not use liners
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your eggs and egg whites, add in brown sugar and Stevia In The Raw® and mix well.
- Beat in your pumpkin, apple sauce, shredded apple and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and soda and cinnamon and mix well.
- Scoop batter into your 12 muffin cups, place caramel sauce in a small ziplock and cut of tip, drizzle over your 12 muffins.
- Bake in oven for approx 22 minutes, let cool and serve. Muffins best stored in fridge after a few days. Makes 12 muffins at 3 freestyle smart points each, 2 points plus (old WW program)
- Nutritional info (including pumpkin and apple) Calories 109...Fat 1.1g...Sat fat 0.3g...Carbs 21.4g...Fiber 1.4g...Sugars 7g...Protein 3.3g (*please note, these numbers are incl pumpkin and apple, if you input these numbers into the WW calculator you will get a higer reading, I figured out the WW points before adding pumpkin and apple as we don't count for those on WW)