Summertime usually means lots of get-togethers and BBQ parties, which also means bring on the pasta salads!! They really are simple to make and a great side dish to pair with your burgers/hot dogs. This turkey taco pasta salad was amazing..I seriously couldn’t stop eating it! I have had something similar made with ground beef and using doritos in the past but I wanted to lighten it up and make it more freestyle friendly. I remember the first time I tried it I was skeptical having cold beef in my salad but I promise it is delicious! Makes 12- 1 cup servings at 4 smart points each.
- 1 lb fat free ground turkey (weighed raw)
- 2.5 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups of cooked rotini style pasta (I weighed pasta uncooked and picture below for my nutritional numbers, the 2 cups uncooked was 17SP)
- 1 cup diced peppers (I used green & yellow)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I used a 3 cheese blend)
- ½ cup calorie wise catalina dressing (or french dressing)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 4 taco shells, crushed
- Cook and drain your pasta and rinse under cold water.
- Brown your ground turkey and stir in the 2.5 Tbsp taco seasoning, drain and add to a bowl
- Add your pasta, peppers, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, 1 tsp taco seasoning and dressing, stir well. Once you are ready to serve stir in your crushed taco shells *these are best added only when ready to serve as they will go soggy after a while.
- Store salad in the fridge, makes 12- 1 cup servings
Smart Points- 4 using SP calculator
Point Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info.. Per serving (1 cup) Calories 171...Fat 3.7g...Sat fat 1.5g...Carbs 18.8g...Fiber 2.7g...Sugar 4.1g..Protein 14.4g using My Fitness Pal *Note, these numbers incl all ingredients so if entering into a WW calculator you may get a different point value