Summertime usually means lots of get-togethers and BBQ parties, which also means bring on the pasta salads!! They really are simple to make and a great side dish to pair with your burgers/hot dogs. This turkey taco pasta salad was amazing..I seriously couldn't stop eating it! I have had something similar made with ground beef and using doritos in the past but I wanted to lighten it up and make it more freestyle friendly. I remember the first time I tried it I was skeptical having cold beef in my salad but I promise it is delicious! Makes 12- 1 cup servings at 4 smart points each.
Turkey taco pasta salad
- 1 lb fat free ground turkey weighed raw
- 2.5 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups of cooked rotini style pasta I weighed pasta uncooked and picture below for my nutritional numbers, the 2 cups uncooked was 17SP
- 1 cup diced peppers I used green & yellow
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese I used a 3 cheese blend
- ½ cup calorie wise catalina dressing or french dressing
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 taco shells crushed
- Cook and drain your pasta and rinse under cold water.
- Brown your ground turkey and stir in the 2.5 tablespoon taco seasoning, drain and add to a bowl
- Add your pasta, peppers, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning and dressing, stir well. Once you are ready to serve stir in your crushed taco shells *these are best added only when ready to serve as they will go soggy after a while.
- Store salad in the fridge, makes 12- 1 cup servings