One of the best things about summer for me is getting together with family & friends for a BBQ and enjoying good food with great company! It helps to have a quick and easy dish you can whip up and bring along. This sweet corn salad is delicious and the perfect dish to have at your next BBQ get-together and it only takes 10 minutes to make. Makes 11 1/2 cup servings, 1SP on both blue & purple, 3SP on green.
Corn: Use sweet corn, you can use it right off the cob, canned corn *be sure to drain thoroughly or frozen corn *must be thawed
Bacon: If you live in the U.S then you can use the center cut bacon as it is much lower in points. For my fellow Canadians, I suggest buying the real bacon crumbles, great value has one and 5 Tbsp is equal to 4SP, the same as 6 slices of cooked center cut bacon.
As an alternative, you could use diced ham. If you want to make this recipe vegetarian you can leave the bacon out.
Ranch dressing: I used my own recipe for this which you can find here, you can use store-bought but it will be higher in points so I suggest building the recipe in the WW app.
Veggies: Feel free to add in some extra vegetables, diced cucumber or zucchini, chopped mushrooms, diced peppers.
You can make this recipe the night before and store it in the fridge but do not add the ranch & feta until you are ready to serve. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- 4 cups sweet corn
- 6 center cut bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup light crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing *I used my own ranch recipe
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Cook the bacon, drain and cut into small pieces.
- Dice the red onion, green onion, and jalapeno.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the feta and mix well. Add in the feta and carefully mix it into the salad.
- This salad makes 11- 1/2 cup servings. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.