I can always count on a delicious bowl of soup to help get my vegetables in. I have never been one to eat vegetables, I was beyond picky as a child and continue to be in my 40’s haha! But you put a tasty hot bowl of soup in front of me, especially on a bitter cold day and regardless of it being packed with veggies, I’ll eat every last spoonful.. This slow cooker cabbage roll soup was simple to make and so hearty and delicious! The rice makes up most of the points for both blue & purple programs so you could always opt to leave it out. Makes 10 heaping 1 cup servings, 1 point per serving on WW.
Slow cooker cabbage roll soup
- 1 lb ground turkey weighed raw
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped peppers I used red & green
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can tomato paste- 156ml
- 1 can diced tomatoes- 796ml
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt/pepper
- 1 cup minute rice- white uncooked
- Brown turkey in a frying pan and add to the slow cooker
- Add all the chopped veggies, then seasonings, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and broth.
- Stir well and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.. when you are 25 minutes away from being done add the rice.
- Makes 10 heaping 1 cup servings. This soup will freeze well.